Starting school marks an important milestone in the lives of young children. Recent studies suggest that children’s adjustment to their first year at school is strongly influenced by their familiarity with the school setting.
Helping to make the transition from home or a preschool setting to the school situation as smooth as possible is of paramount importance to the Prep Team at Mount Waverley Primary School. A great deal of thought and planning has gone into our program for 2016 and we believe it will:
- assist preschoolers in making a successful adjustment to the school environment
- offer an opportunity to participate in classroom activities
- allow the children to practice skills necessary for school
- encourage new friendships and develop a support system
- provide information and support for parents
We extend a warm welcome to all preschool children and their parents who have successfully enrolled in MWPS to participate in some or all of the activities. We look forward to meeting you and your child.